Thursday, September 10, 2009

100 Blogs to Read Before Med School

NursingSchools.net has put together a list of the 100 blog posts you should read before going to medical school. The posts are divided into 8 categories, including: Getting In, Getting Started, Financing School, Advice from Med Students, Getting through School, Residency, Your Education, Testing, Life After Med School. The list covers a huge variety of topics like how to write an admission essay, money saving tips, how to maintain a social life, and (my personal favorite) a guide to not being a pre-med douchebag.

I’m honored to be included on the list at number 48 for a post I wrote over the summer reflecting on my first year of school. I’m happy enough that anyone just reads this site, let alone sees fit to include it on a list like this one. I wish I had a resource like this when I first applied to medical schools. Information from college advisors is useful, but it really helps to hear things from the students’ perspectives.

[Via http://doctorfishypants.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment