Tuesday, December 29, 2009

End of an Era

In less than 24 hours life as I have known it for two years and nine months will cease to exist. I am leaving the hospital that raised me to be the Emergency Physician that I am today to become an even better one at the biggest Emergency Room in the country.

It is not like part of my life had not already gone AWOL (someone else took care of that last month) and it is also not like I did not know. For years I have been planning my exit and I can hardly believe the moment is finally there.

No more driving up and down the highway to get to work and back. No more getting up at 6 am and getting home at 8 because traffic was a disaster. But also no more picking up the phone with just my first name because everyone knows who I am. No more walking around the place like I own it…

I will miss it, all of it, but I would miss a lot more if I did not go. But do not get me wrong: I have rarely been more scared than I am now (or maybe it was that time in Africa when I had altered some dates in my passport and nearly got caught…) yet I know I have to do this.

It is the end of an era, and also the beginning of one.

[Via http://femmesuisse.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment