Sunday, December 20, 2009

You're Too Young

Today we had my husband’s brother and family come over for a Christmas lunch. I was talking to my sister-in-law and found out that my oldest niece, she’s 17, has GERD. My sister-in-law mentioned that they think she’s had it since she was born. When my niece and I started talking and comparing notes she said she wasn’t given any restrictions just medicine but wasn’t eating much because she had pain with certain things. She’s very tiny already so I worry that she’s not getting enough food. I showed her the restrictions that doctor put me on and she wanted to a copy. Also, my husband is going to make me some blocks to lift the head of our bed up and he’s going to make her a set too since she has most of her pain at night.

This went to show me that this condition knows no age. I hope that I’m able to help my niece with information when she needs it.

[Via http://diagnosisgerd.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment