Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm Having A Random Day

So I bought Alcohol today.

That’s not something I normally do, as anyone who knows me would tell you. I was wandering around in Morrison’s on my way to the checkout and I passed down the alcohol isle. For me it normally doesn’t even warrant a second glance, but for some reason today I bought Smirnoff. I’ve had one glass so far, and have no idea when I’ll have the next. Two drinks in two months is a new record for me.

I applied for a job, in a company that I hate. Again, pretty random. I applied to work in the Starbucks near where I live. They are interviewing this week and looking for part time staff, so I filled out the form and handed it in on the spot. I might get it, I might not.

I read an interesting article today.

Who Is Excluded From Giving Blood?

 

It discusses the decision of the advisory committee; the safety of blood, tissues and organs (SaBTO), to review the current exclusions to giving blood. These exclusions range in their specificity but include conditions like: Any man who has had sex with another man – under any circumstances. Any woman who has had sex with a man, who has had sex with another man – under any circumstances.

I understand that these restrictions were put in place as a result of the fear that gay sex increases the risk of HIV and therefore this is considered a precaution. But the rule extends to include even people who have recently tested Negative for HIV! Some of the exclusions are over cautions and in my opinion needlessly reduce the amount of blood available in the bank. What do you think? Feel free to comment.

Now! Time to rewrite my biology notes in an attempt to learn the stuff that I have missed.

Ja, Matta Ne!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment